Wednesday, March 5, 2014

In His Strength



Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
(Alma 26:12,16)
After every High School Cross Country practice, my team would get together to do a core-ab workout before going home.  Spencer (who lead core) would always say, "When you are at the end of a race, and your legs are dead, your core is what keeps you going.  That is why we do core everyday."

 It may seem lame to work everyday on the little things, but doing 25 sit-ups can help you go that much farther in a race.

I remember one race that I really struggled with.  I felt defeated the whole time, and could only think about how I couldn't go on.  As I neared the end, I started sprinting and I passed three girls in front of me! I was so proud of myself for doing so good.  Then I saw my time, and it didn't seem too great, but I had passed people, soo did I do good or bad?

Sometimes the things we use to measure our progress, don't really help us to improve.  After the race my dad talked to me about how I did.  He told me that the reason why I could pass those girls is because I had the energy to at the end.  He told me that I could have gone faster the entire race with that energy and improved my time.  It seems harder, but in the long run it is more worth it.

I thought about this as Sister Roth and I ran this morning.  We had a goal to run two miles. No stopping.  We had a point where we had to speed up to make the crosswalk light.  After we crossed the road we didn't slow down, and I realized we could have been running this fast before.  

What is the point of running slow, just to have energy left when you are done?  What are all of those sit-ups for?  The goal is to run until you can't go any more, use all the energy you have during the race, expect your core to carry you through the end, and when you finish you will have nothing left.  No regrets. Just your best effort.  

What have you been doing to build up that strength that will carry you through the end of your life?

This is a tough question, because we don't know when we will be called to leave this life and head off into the next.  Which is why it is so important to not be saving energy.  Trust in the Lord that He will give you the strength you need after you have given it your all.

I know that as you strive to reach goals in your life, you may face challenges, but God will help you.

Glory in your God.  Find strength in Christ.  I know that as we rely on faith in Him, we will have the strength to do all things that He asks us to do!

My fellow Jenna-blog-readers, 
I know that it is tough to do the right thing sometimes, even when you know that it is right, but I promise you that IF you do, He Will Bless You!

Come unto Christ, and find peace.

I will glory in His power and I will rely on His mercy. For I know that I am nothing, I am only what He has lead me to be.  I trust in Him, and I know that through Him we can find peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment