Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pray One For Another

"And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.  The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
(James 5:15-16)


I have been contemplating the purpose of prayer.  We speak to God, and tell him the things that He already knows.  We ask Him for things that He already knows that we need.  We thank Him for things when He already knows the intents of our hearts.  Then we close "in the name of Jesus Christ."



Through prayer things can be revealed to us.  God knows the things we need before we ask for them.  But He wants us to trust in Him.  Sometimes He will wait until we ask.



Jesus has promised us that if we ask we shall receive.  He has also told us that He is "the way, the truth, and the light.  No man comes unto the Father (God) but by me" (Jesus Christ.)  That is why we pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Because through Christ, God can reveal to us all things.  



There is power in praying in Christ's name.  There is also power in serving God's children.  "The worth of a soul is great in the sight of God." (D&C 18:10)  As you pray for others, you can find joy in their blessings.



I have been praying for my brother in law.  His school situation has been a little scary.  I knew that God has a plan for him and my sister and their cute little girl.  I knew that even if they had to move and start school over, that God would still bless them.  I prayed to God in the name of Jesus, that Allen would be able to know what he should do.  As time went on, the situation leveled out and we could see how things were going to work out.  I joy in the blessings that God gave to my sisters family.  



No matter what your needs or concerns may be, the Savior and his teachings--the Gospel will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment